PDA

View Full Version : Local salt water stores

coralbeauty201369
09-10-2013, 03:42 AM
I am in town for a week. I am here for work, but am also looking for some new places to buy some corals zoos and fish. If anyone can give me some leads I would really appreciate it.

I am here until Friday, and am currently in the NE but wil go anywhere in Calgary.

Thanks Much

Baker
09-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Well you in the best quadrant in the city for it anyways. Well theres big als on 32nd ave, pisces by micknight and deerfoot, golds in the SE on 17th ave, then on 16th in the NW/NE theres Wais aquarium and oceans creation just up the road. Then ReefWonderland in the northwest as well. That pretty much covers it. Except for Concept aquariums but the tanks are still cycling from what I understand so there is no livestock. But they do have a 16' long aquarium in there that I cant wait to see. Have fun!

Bryan_k47
09-10-2013, 04:58 AM
If anyone local to Calgary is selling any zoas/palys/Lps or anything interesting. Basically anything non sps private message the original poster or myself

Thanks

SoloSK71
09-11-2013, 03:57 AM
My personal experience has caused me to avoid Big Al's and Pisces for a variety of reasons. Concept and Gold are my 'go to' stores, followed by Wai's, Ocean and Riverfront in that order.I have not been to Reef Wonderland yet so I do not have any information on them yet.

Charles

cbrine
09-15-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm planning a trip to reef wonderland tomorrow since I will be in the NW anyways. Ill let you knkw what they have. Golds is great! They are my first stop always for marine and fresh (we have both), anything you want Dennis will do his best to get. Was in last week and he got a bunch more livestock in. Concept will be worth the visit in oct if you want some sweet livestock.

coralbeauty201369
09-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks. Im back in Edmonton now. I have found ocean creations, reef wonderland to be excellent. Wais and golds are ok and riverfront for myself was a waste. But at least I got to check out the local shops and found my favorites