PDA

View Full Version : MACNA

christyf5
08-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah totally. I'm just waiting for it to get a little closer. Texas is pretty hot this time of year. Does anyone know how much the registration fee is for it??

Christy smile.gif

zulu_principle
08-30-2002, 09:07 PM
I'm going, the registration fee is $150 US and the line up of speakers sounds great.

see www.dfwmas.com (http://www.dfwmas.com)

Rooms are pretty cheap if you can bunk up which I am doing and flights when I booked were pretty resonable.

Zulu

EmilyB
08-31-2002, 02:29 AM
We should have gone last year, and seen the Smithsonian, etc.

Really debated this one, especially earlier this year. If it was closer to Houston, might even have done it.

Big holiday, big expense. So we decided to leave it for another time. The country music was just too alluring... :rolleyes: :D tongue.gif ;)

Delphinus
08-31-2002, 04:56 AM
Anyone ever tempted to go to one of these?

Delphinus
08-31-2002, 01:54 PM
I find myself in Houston that in September. So I will be in the state at least that weekend anyways. Dallas from Houston sounds not so bad as Dallas from Calgary. Just wondering if I should consider it. It would be a cool experience for sure, just not really sure I have the cash for a hotel room and a side diversion trip and all that...

Biogeek
08-31-2002, 11:08 PM
I think that MACNA is always a good time, but I won't be able to make it this year - if you're looking for a cheaper meeting that will be a bit closer for next year, check out the International Marine Aquarium Conference (http://www.theimac.org/Speakers.htm) in Chicago (May 2003). That one should be a blast, too!

Rob

Doug
09-01-2002, 10:02 AM
I would love to go to one. Was thinking last year and again this. Its just that monopoly money of ours :(

I think it should be in Vancover next year. :D At least we could go at par for our dollar and the US aquarists can go for half price. A good deal all around. :D

titus
09-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Hello,

If we can have an official Vancouver Reefer Society, or BC Reefer Society, we can host the MACNA conference in Vancouver. I just got back btw.

Titus