PDA

View Full Version : Will mow your lawn for frags

RobbAdams
06-25-2004, 10:00 PM
or sweep out your garage, Help you build your deck Etc. Between setting up the damn reef and getting married in September I can't afford to put anything in the reef. :eek: Any how I would also accept donations, or "Cheap" frags, just cant pay $50/frag at LFS. My lightning is 130 watts PC, so obviously I am mainly interested in GSP, Torch, Colt, Zoos Etc.

AJ_77
06-25-2004, 10:42 PM
I have some stuff at my house that people were supposed to pick up (holding them indefinitely)... **ahem** ...Tony and Jim... **cough**

Maybe we could work something out? :razz:

J/K - but I'm sure there is something I could chop for you... How do you feel about big green fuzzy shrooms? Or purple... or those very radiant mat-like electric-yellow GSP's?

Canadian Man
06-26-2004, 02:53 AM
I will also have some more GSP frags availiable very soon. The radiant green variety.

DiscusZ
06-27-2004, 04:57 AM
hehe Ya Ya ya Alan.. I should be able to make it out there.. just so much crap going on... :biggrin:

Jim

RobbAdams
06-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Hey guys that is super cool, GSP is the one I would say I love the most. I would love to have the green or the yellow or both :mrgreen: Mushrooms would be cool also AJ , What part of town are you located in?

AJ_77
06-28-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm in Tuscany in the NW - sounds like I might be having a shroom-cutting party some evening soon... Hopefully this week, maybe next - any preferences for people interested?

RobbAdams
06-28-2004, 06:38 PM
I am available any time. What flavor of beer should I bring?

AJ_77
06-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I have beer. Do you know anything about refinishing decks?

:biggrin:

RobbAdams
06-28-2004, 08:15 PM
What kind of finish is on it now? Are you looking to change the finish? or just freshen up the current finish?

My dad and I just did up his recently, we started by blasting most of the old peeling paint off with a powerwasher, and then gave it a quick smoothing with a belt sander. After that you should be able to apply any type of finish to it.

If it has a varnish (Shiny) finish, it could be a lot more work, as that stuff is really hard, However a belt sander should do the trick, just might have to do it twice, once with a coarse grade paper and then once with a finer one.

On another note, I just helped my cousin put in a deck a few weeks ago, and he used this Plastic type of material, that looks like stained wood!! Apparently it will not fade for 25 years guarenteed :eek: This is all I would ever use now after finding such a product, refinishing anything sucks.

If you would like a hand with your deck let me know I love doing stuff like that, I dont have much for wood working tools, however I could probably go over to my old man's place and borrow some if need be.

AJ_77
06-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Just powerwashed the loose paint yesterday - saw these vinyl rolls of decking cover in a flyer, but I think you need sub-floor for that stuff?

Probably end up going with a sanding and stain for now, then when the boards are done in a few more years (plain spruce 2x6) we'll maybe go with the plywood and vinyl cover.

But that other stuff sounds nice too - is that the recycled product, made in Alberta? Pretty pricey... :eek:

Bob I
06-29-2004, 02:40 PM
I have three or four or more different zoos you can have at minimal cost. I don't know, I hate beer, but for the cost of beer we can talk. :biggrin:

RobbAdams
06-29-2004, 07:31 PM
OK Bob what did you have in mind ($)? What part of town do you live in? When would said zoo's be available? :razz:

AJ_77
06-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Bob's 5 minutes from me... :eek: :lol:

Could be a good trip for you!
:biggrin:

I think I have a couple of zoos ready as well... gotta check later.
But yeah, Bob is the zoo-keeper...

Bob I
06-30-2004, 01:22 AM
[quote]I think I have a couple of zoos ready as well... gotta check later.
But yeah, Bob is the zoo-keeper...

Sometimes I think zoo-maniac. :rolleyes:

DiscusZ
06-30-2004, 04:14 AM
ya Bob is the zoo-maniac

EmilyB
06-30-2004, 07:39 AM
You can help wash walls before painting tomorrow. :mrgreen: Money or frags :mrgreen: I'll pm you the phone number.

RobbAdams
06-30-2004, 02:18 PM
So , would that be tonight (Wed)?

Robb

EmilyB
06-30-2004, 07:55 PM
So , would that be tonight (Wed)?

Robb

I gotta get to bed earlier..... :rolleyes: yah, today, tomorrow and probably for the next month. Lots to do around here. You have PM.

EmilyB
07-03-2004, 07:35 AM
So obviously I totally scared you off, since you never replied here, or to my PM. I had to elicit cheap help (my daughter :lol: ) but thanks anyway.

:neutral:

RobbAdams
07-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Sorry, got busy the last few days, have not been on my PC. This weekend is not really good for me, as I have out of town guests.

AJ_77
07-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Ha! Robb - you slacker!! :razz:

Where's that deck sander you were looking into?!?
:razz: :biggrin:

RobbAdams
07-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Alan,

I left a message with my old man regarding the sander, I should have a definitave answer in the next few days. :cool: