PDA

View Full Version : Clown fish pairings

Treebeard
09-08-2013, 04:55 AM
I bought a pair a pair of snowflake clowns a few weeks ago but the female who was much larger unsuccessfully tried the Nemo escape thing.
Can I add another Ocellaris clown to the the tank with any hope of them pairing up? It is a 90 gallon tank.

Myka
09-08-2013, 02:51 PM
As long as one is big and one is small (or both are small), Ocellaris are usually pretty easy to pair up.

Magickiwi
09-19-2013, 06:27 PM
As long as one is big and one is small (or both are small), Ocellaris are usually pretty easy to pair up.

How do you get them to bond with an anemone then? I've got a big carpet anemone just longing for some Ocellaris loving.

ponokareefer
09-19-2013, 10:12 PM
How do you get them to bond with an anemone then? I've got a big carpet anemone just longing for some Ocellaris loving.

What type of carpet anemone is it? Ocellaris are only naturally hosted by Gigantea or Mertensii carpet anemone's, so they would be much more likely go to those 2 than other carpets.

Magickiwi
09-20-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't know how to identify it exactly. I know the absence of spots and markings on the underside would indicate it is a Haddons but there are dotted markings on the underside of the disc.