PDA

View Full Version : Fish advise

Jason McK
06-25-2004, 03:46 PM
I have recently started a 40G tank and moved my clowns and Anemone to it. I was wonder about another fish for my 75G. I currently have 3 Chromis, Bicoloured Blennie, White Cheeked Surgeon, and a cleaner wrasse.
Now that could be enough already but I wanted some suggestions on another fish (if you feel the tank can handle it)
I was wondering about a Copper Banded Butterfly?

Anyone

Jason

DOO-E
06-25-2004, 03:51 PM
CBB would be nice if you could find one eating. But i think ur tank is too small with the sturgeon and all. It will harrass the Butterfly. You have to decide which u like more. Although why not get say an anthias or something they would do good.

AJ_77
06-25-2004, 03:53 PM
If you pick a CBB that is large and healthy enough to have survived shipping stress, and it does well for you, it will grow like a bugger. I don't know how many fish that size you want in your 75... Plus, you probably don't want to be putting any unnecessary stress on that beautiful Tang... :biggrin:

Personally, I would pick something smaller but equally personable and attractive. It's a tricky balance, I know - what about a dwarf Angel?

Aquattro
06-25-2004, 03:59 PM
How long have you had that tang in there? Mine "tolerates" being in a 155g.

Jason McK
06-25-2004, 04:36 PM
The Tang has been in my tank for about 2 years now. He looks great and I have ensure he can fly around the tank a lighting speeds. but everyone is right, another large fish would be wrong for both the tang and the new fish. I think I'll just have to live with what I have and wait until I can get a bigger house and a bigger tank

Jason

Aquattro
06-25-2004, 04:45 PM
The Tang has been in my tank for about 2 years now. Jason

Right, I remember now. As long as it's happy!! :razz:

What about adding some little goby or something?

Jason McK
06-25-2004, 05:01 PM
that's an Idea. I was thinking about a dragonet of some description. Like a Red spotted Scooter Blennie. My POD population is pretty good but I have no way of repopulating it.

it's a thought anyway.

Jack
06-25-2004, 11:02 PM
I bought a Cherub angel awhile back. Stays small, colourful, and is friendly with all my other fish.