PDA

View Full Version : My nano cube arrived!

spikehs
06-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Picked up my nano cube yesterday! The dimensions are 18x18x18 w/ starphire front and sides, I have a fuge/sump attached directly onto the back which is 18x18x6. There is 4 holes drilled inbetween the sump and tank so I can hook up the sqwd and get some alternating flow. Lighting is 2 75w vho 10k, and 3 no actinics (haven't hooked them up yet). I ordered the comline 3110 skimmer by tunze, but that won't arrive for atleast 6 weeks. I ordered the tank from IA it only took 1 week! thats gotta be a record, he said it would be ready on tuesday and I got it on thursday, so the delay wasn't bad at all. I'll post pics as soon as I get my camera back.

Biotech
06-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Mine telling us how much it costs?

spikehs
06-25-2004, 05:54 PM
It came to $225, with ground and polished edges as well. Big als quoted me $650 for that :rolleyes:

andestang
06-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds nice . A post in the picture forum soon ? :biggrin:
Ande

DOO-E
06-28-2004, 04:21 AM
Pic :mrgreen: pic :mrgreen: pic :mrgreen: pic :mrgreen:

yagimax
06-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Hi Spikehs. Could you please give me AI's phone #

Gary

spikehs
08-20-2004, 01:47 AM
ok, finally got some pics, they aren't the greatest, but give a general idea. The aquascaping is not really how I want it, I just tossed it in as I will be moving shortly. When the final aquascaping is done I plan to have it viewable from 2 or 3 sides.

rose close up
http://missolutions.ca/~sean/fish/Picture%20004.jpg

front
http://missolutions.ca/~sean/fish/Picture%20001.jpg

left side
http://missolutions.ca/~sean/fish/Picture%20009.jpg

whaase
08-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Looks cool! I can't wait to get my cube up and running. How's that Tunze working?

Walter

spikehs
08-20-2004, 02:26 AM
haven't hooked it up yet :rolleyes: with all the rock in there its kinda tough to fit it in, it'll prolly be in, in about a week when I move. then I can comment on it

muck
08-20-2004, 04:20 AM
Any chance you can post a pic or two of the sump/fuge on the back. :biggrin:
I have been thinking of going that route. Any pros or cons so far??

spikehs
08-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Any chance you can post a pic or two of the sump/fuge on the back. :biggrin:
I have been thinking of going that route. Any pros or cons so far??

I can take some pics, but it might not be for a few days... so far so good, it makes everything really quite as there is no water splashing (like a traditional sump/fuge). Its much more "clean" ie no tubing etc all over the outside of the tank. THe only problem is plumbing is kinda a pita, so make sure you have a good idea of how you want to plumb it.

muck
08-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks spikehs

I'll be waiting for the pics then... :mrgreen:

muck
08-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Any update on those pics Spike?? :mrgreen:

spikehs
08-30-2004, 02:28 PM

the pics might be a little while as I am right in the middle of moving right now, and it will take me a bit before everthing is set up properly again (maybe a week??) but I will post pics when I can. Sorry for the hold up.

muck
08-30-2004, 02:39 PM

the pics might be a little while as I am right in the middle of moving right now, and it will take me a bit before everthing is set up properly again (maybe a week??) but I will post pics when I can. Sorry for the hold up.
No worries... I will wait patiently then. :biggrin:
Good luck with the move!!

spikehs
08-30-2004, 08:33 PM

No worries... I will wait patiently then. :biggrin:
Good luck with the move!!

Almost dropped the tank when we moved it, it was very close... but everthing made it in one piece (so far...)

Samw
09-04-2004, 07:57 AM
I'm curious how quiet the Tunze skimmer is. I found the Bakpak, Remora, Precision Marine, and Prism all too noisy for my bedroom. Is the Tunze quieter than all of these?

whaase
09-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm curious how quiet the Tunze skimmer is. I found the Bakpak, Remora, Precision Marine, and Prism all too noisy for my bedroom. Is the Tunze quieter than all of these?

You need a Big Mombosa! :biggrin: Can't hear it at all and it works like a charm. I can post a picture of the scum I got in 1 week if you want :smile:

Walter

muck
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Any update on those pics Spike??

Hows the move going Spike?? Any chance you have time for those few pics?? :mrgreen:

spikehs
09-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Any update on those pics Spike??

Hows the move going Spike?? Any chance you have time for those few pics?? :mrgreen:

ask and ye shall receive :mrgreen: ! sorry for the delay,

right side
http://www.missolutions.ca/sean/o1.jpg
left side
http://www.missolutions.ca/sean/o2.jpg
back... not much help but its the best I could get at that angle
http://www.missolutions.ca/sean/o3.jpg

It has so far worked out really well, the tank is virtually silent, only the slight hum of my pump can be heard... I have a clump of chaeto on the right side, but will move it up closer to the surface soon. Lemme know if you need anything else.

Samw
09-22-2004, 03:12 AM
It has so far worked out really well, the tank is virtually silent, only the slight hum of my pump can be heard... I have a clump of chaeto on the right side, but will move it up closer to the surface soon. Lemme know if you need anything else.

Great. That means your Tunze skimmer doesn't make a sound. That's what I wanted to know before I bought one.

muck
09-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks Spike!!

Is it possible to snap a pic from the top as well??
That would be super!! :mrgreen:

spikehs
09-22-2004, 10:25 PM
I'll try to do that when i get some time..... hopefully tonight.

spikehs
09-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks Spike!!

Is it possible to snap a pic from the top as well??
That would be super!! :mrgreen:

I put a top down shot in my gallery check it out there... if you need anything else lemme know.

Samw
09-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Looks good. I don't see the Tunze skimmer running. You didn't say it makes much noise. Is it pulling out lots of stuff as well? Mine's on order.

spikehs
09-27-2004, 12:30 AM
I just had it out for cleaning... seams to work well, but I haven't had my tank for long so not much production.

muck
10-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Thanks for all the pics Spike!
Muchly appreciated!! :biggrin:

albert_dao
10-22-2004, 02:04 AM
Wowowowowowowow... A week through IA eh? That sure is a record.

*Sitting on four months and counting. haha

Nice tank though, I've always been a fan of the Mini system nano tank concept. How is that SQWD working for you in a small tank like that? what are the equipment specs other then the lights and skimmer?

spikehs
10-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Wowowowowowowow... A week through IA eh? That sure is a record.

*Sitting on four months and counting. haha

Nice tank though, I've always been a fan of the Mini system nano tank concept. How is that SQWD working for you in a small tank like that? what are the equipment specs other then the lights and skimmer?

I ended up not being able to use the SQWD, as it was to high vertically when in the back.. I probable could have got it in but it would have been way to much effort, The only other equip I have on the tank is the quite one 4000 pump, and the reeffanatic auto topoff hooked up to a bucket w/ kalk for top off - it sure has made the tank less maintanence. I am actually switchin my light again :rolleyes: to have just one 175w mh bulb (the 14k arc bulb from aquaria canada)

Willow
01-06-2005, 05:21 AM
where did you get the cube? can you get me any contact info?

spikehs
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
where did you get the cube? can you get me any contact info?

got it from inter america aquariums here in calgary... do a search for inter america thats usually what they go by

Bob I
01-08-2005, 10:07 PM
It is Inter American, or Bow Valley Aquarium :mrgreen:

Try this link.

http://go.to/interamerican

Willow
01-09-2005, 03:39 AM
thats for the link..

btw that is probably the worst site ever! no really, its bad like bad stinky cheese.