PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of upgrading to the Maxspect Razors, any input appreciated.

tony_3a
09-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Hey guys, I am thinking of upgrading to 2 of the r420s 120w 16k lights, going to order from oceanic, pretty sure these are the right choice and for the price looks hard to beat. I currently have a 60x18x14 tank, so I think these should do the job. Was also thinking the AI hydras but the maxspect seem like a lot better choice for slightly more money. If anyone has any better suggestions or can give me some input that would be appreciated!

Also probably going to order from oceanic, their price is 449, seems like a great price.

Thanks

tony_3a
09-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Decided to go with the razors, will update in tank journal when I get them up and running.

viperfish
09-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Looking forward to it, razors are an awesome light.

Jordon
09-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Hey tony, sorry missed your post. I don't have much experience, as I just added corals to my tank a few days ago, but I love my Razor 120w 16k and I know you will too!

tony_3a
09-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to them, should be getting them monday. Paul at oceanic was awesome to deal with. Ill keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.

chi
09-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Check out the zetlight qmaven. sick light imo. their line of products are underrated

hunggi74
09-04-2013, 02:16 AM
Hi Tony. I've got the Maxspect 160w 16k and I'm quite happy with my unit. I have them a good 16" above my water line and my tank is 21" in height. I have mine set to 75% maximum power and all my corals are dpi g fine with the exception of one fussy pink zoa. I don't have an SPS tank but I'm sure at mid to upper level placement in my tank they would do fine as well under these lights. I love that one fixture can cover my whole tank (36") and that they are programmable. I saved the money I would have spent on two SOLs or Radions and used it for an MP10 and skimmer. Just better economics man. Not all if us can afford the nicest toys. That being said, the Razor is a very serviceable lighting option. You won't regret your purchase.