PDA

View Full Version : Iwaki and Panworld

titus
06-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Hello,

I was looking at pumps on the net. Iwaki and Eheim are still the two dominant brands in terms of reliability hands down. But there is also a small group of users who has tried the Panworld pumps and said these are better than the Iwakis. But I wonder if it can run as long as the Iwaki, which I know some has it running for well over a decade.

Titus

Aquattro
06-25-2004, 03:02 AM
Titus, I've never heard of these before. Got any links on them?

mr_alberta
06-25-2004, 04:31 AM
I don't know if this will help clarify, but BlueLine = PanWorld.

I know mops sells them here: http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/ushop/Water-Pumps.html?L+scstore+tllr8758ff6ba56b+1088140657

Fish
07-15-2004, 09:15 PM
Sorry guys, just came across this thread. I own a blueline20hd (now sold as panworld) and use it as a return from my sump. It was quite reasonable in price, totally silent, pressure rated, and only uses 45watts of electricity to move 480gph (at 0"). In short, I think it is the perfect in-line pump. I've never owned an Iwaki but I did have an Eheim 1250 before this pump. The Eheim was just as quiet and maitenance free, but it could not move as much water under pressure as this pump can. Just my experience.

- Chad

muck
07-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Fish,

Where did you pickup the Blueline/Panworld pump?
I'm considering purchasing one myself...

Fish
07-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey Muck,
I shopped around a little bit and the best price I could find was at aquariumpros:

http://www.aquariumpros.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WPex

The main competetor as I saw it was the Iwaki md-20rlt because it was pressure rated and japanese made (supposedly better than the american made iwakis). (They make a blue line to match each of the iwaki sizes.)
The blueline cost $40 less, made 60gph more, and used less electricity. Some people claim they are even quieter than japanese-make iwaki's but I have never been able to compare them. My tank is in the living room and the only noise I can hear is the water trickling over the last baffle in my sump.

- Chad

johnny rock
07-16-2004, 12:04 AM
best pump on the market to date is the SEQUENCE line of pumps. easy on the hydro,awsome flow!!! and silent. I own the HAMMERHEAD.

Fish
07-16-2004, 01:20 AM
you see? all you had to do was ask jonny rock. he knows what the best pump on the market is :razz:

- Chad

johnny rock
07-16-2004, 01:37 AM
well, I can't take all the credit :lol: there becoming very popular but for good reason. they kick butt!!! 11/2'' input /output

Fish
07-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I guess I may have been a little sarcastic :rolleyes: . I really think that the blueline is the best pump out there.

Of course, if I ever had to move 3000gph (or whatever the sequence makes), I would probably come around to your way of thinking. :biggrin:

- Chad

muck
07-16-2004, 05:15 PM
best pump on the market to date is the SEQUENCE line of pumps. easy on the hydro,awsome flow!!! and silent. I own the HAMMERHEAD.

I think the hammerhead would be a little too much flow for a 60 gallon tank.
If (when is probably the better term here) I ever upgrade i will keep that in mind.
Thanks for the input, though. http://www.muiscontrols.com/ryan/eclipsee_Victoria.gif

johnny rock
07-16-2004, 06:53 PM
they make 3 versions, STINGRAY,DART and the HAMMER. there quieter than the BLUELINE[IWAKI] and use less juice if you can believe that. IWAKI's are awsome pumps but the SEQUENCE line are the premium pumps now.

Delphinus
07-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Anyone in Canada "officially" selling the Sequence's yet?

AJ_77
07-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Aren't they on IJO's site? What do you mean by "officially?"

Delphinus
07-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Is he the only one then? A few months ago when I asked him the answer was "no". But things obviously have changed since then.

johnny rock
07-17-2004, 12:14 AM
the pumps are available in 2 online stores that I know of. WWW.AQUARIACANADA.COM and AQUARIUMPROS. I bought mine at AC off of Ivan and at a great price.If you get it from IVAN at AC tell him JOHNNY ROCK sent ya.I will get a DART for the return as the HAMMERHEAD is for my closed loop.