PDA

View Full Version : Inground Pond

pocilipora
06-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Pond is about 12'x5' by about 12" deep. Comes with gravel, filter box, all kinds of potted water plants and flowers, no fish. I dont know anything about ponds so make me an offer. :biggrin:

smokinreefer
06-25-2004, 07:02 AM
is this preformed? or liner?

i might be interested, but the 12" depth is not appealing, cuz you cant overwinter koi with only 12" right?

pocilipora
06-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Its a liner. I dont know of a good depth for Koi???

rstar
04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
There are many outdoor swimming pool cleaners on the market, you will be able to easily use. There are several lakes in the buried species and a rich selection of cleaning will depend on factors. One of the most prominent factors is the size of the pool. For a large puddle, you will have to go underground lake cleaners greater capacity. The buried pond cleaners will also depend on the choice of being used and the water puddle, and you want to clean the main part.

Reading this, was like a trip through the twilight zone....

MMAX
04-19-2011, 06:46 PM
12" might be a bit shallow for koi, 24" would be better. My backyard pond is about 15' X 9', maximum 38" deep and about 1400gal. Right now i have 4 smaller koi and 10 goldfish. All overwintered fine but I did have a de-icer running. 12" more than likely will freeze right to the bottom.

intarsiabox
04-19-2011, 07:00 PM
is this preformed? or liner?

i might be interested, but the 12" depth is not appealing, cuz you cant overwinter koi with only 12" right?

36" is what the pond builders around Edmonton recommend for over-wintering koi. You don't get -30 degree weather in Burnaby so you could probably go shallower. Just phone up any pond installer in your area and they'll be able to tell you the depth required. IMO a liner is the way to go because you can use whatever design you choose without limits.

sphelps
04-19-2011, 07:02 PM
:lol: Nothing like a little spam to continue a discussion from 7 years back

MMAX
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
36" is what the pond builders around Edmonton recommend for over-wintering koi. You don't get -30 degree weather in Burnaby so you could probably go shallower. Just phone up any pond installer in your area and they'll be able to tell you the depth required. IMO a liner is the way to go because you can use whatever design you choose without limits.

Flexible liner is the only way to go althouhg I did use a preformed for my header pool for my waterfall.

intarsiabox
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
:lol:Nothing like a little spam to continue a discussion from 5 years back

Crap! Didn't even look at the date! I see a bunch of old threads just popped up.