PDA

View Full Version : Nom, nom, nom.

SanguinesDream
09-02-2013, 09:56 AM
So, I've been losing blue green chromis mysteriously. I have a bbt and no crabs or any little scavengers, so it was very perplexing. I heavily feed my tank, fish once a day with New Life Spectrum marine fish formula and target feed my corals every other day with phytoplex, microvert, New era meaty coral pellets, rotifers, mysis shrimp and plankton. For the life of me, I could not figure out where these chromis were going, until this.......

Is THAT what I think it is?!?

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/Mamaterra_album/20130809_144803.jpg

Sure as sh!t THAT is exactly what it looks like.
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/Mamaterra_album/20130809_144929.jpg

That little bastard, it was my first maxi mini that split and is the size of a loonies and it was just feed THAT MORNING!!! I tried to pull fishy out, because we freeze and then bury our Fishies and my oldest insisted that we needed to rescue fishy for a proper burial but that anemone was not letting go.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/Mamaterra_album/20130809_144951.jpg

Nom, nom, nom, nom!!!
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll40/Mamaterra_album/20130809_161732.jpg

Dagnabit!! Mystery solved and despite spot feeding it heavily, I've lost another chromis and two bangai cardinals. I am perplexed as to what to do. Suggestions?

Dearth
09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
It looked like it was glued on to the anenome funny and oddly disturbing at the same time

Cal_stir
09-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Wow, we have 10 mini maxi, some larger than that one and have never lost a fish to one, we have 4 blue green chromis, we target feed them once a week and feed them pieces of shrimp now and then.

Aquattro
09-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Chromis typically disappear, that one was probably dead and ended up as dinner after the fact.

reefwars
09-02-2013, 03:00 PM
or the carpet ate it..... i had 200 carpets in a large tank i can assure you they eat fish not just small fish but large ones too , they ate the side of a pink tail trigger who bumped into it, chewed the face off a adult yellow banna wrasse and even ate a clown and lawnmower blenny completely plus NUMEROUS sw mollies i had in with them......carpets and fish are not good together including mini carpets. i now keep the mini carpets all by them selves i thought the same as everyone else that a large fish or fast fish wouldnt get eaten but its not true even the small carpets are as aggressive as the large ones.

i see large fish bump the anemones and the fish always take off so their sting is quite strong and we all know how sticky they are.

like mentioned too chromis kill off other chromis its also proven.

Dearth
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
or the carpet ate it..... i had 200 carpets in a large tank i can assure you they eat fish not just small fish but large ones too , they ate the side of a pink tail trigger who bumped into it, chewed the face off a adult yellow banna wrasse and even ate a clown and lawnmower blenny completely plus NUMEROUS sw mollies i had in with them......carpets and fish are not good together including mini carpets. i now keep the mini carpets all by them selves i thought the same as everyone else that a large fish or fast fish wouldnt get eaten but its not true even the small carpets are as aggressive as the large ones.

i see large fish bump the anemones and the fish always take off so their sting is quite strong and we all know how sticky they are.

like mentioned too chromis kill off other chromis its also proven.

Lol that is too true but I have the added feature of a cat clean up crew very efficient at reclaiming fish

SanguinesDream
09-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Lol that is too true but I have the added feature of a cat clean up crew very efficient at reclaiming fish

You too, eh? I bought a silver arowana for my son and it lasted ONE NIGHT before a kitten got it. Damn, that was expensive cat food.

Since then, we have covers on all of our tanks, except the Oscars tank. Heh, heh, one brave cat went paw fishing in the Oscar tank and got an Oscar attached to his nose in short order. I really shouldn't laugh, but gawd almighty that was a sight.