PDA

View Full Version : Future build/ Planning stage

Insguy
09-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I am looking for some help planning my next build. Some back ground. Being newer to the hobby, 1 year in and really enjoy it! I will be moving to my third tank. I started with a 39G cube. Than having run out of room I moved to a 125G. I recently acquired a 200G that will be the new build. Hoping to get this salty Jan 2014

I plan on placing this on my main floor and in the process of renovating the basement to support the weight.

About the tank: Dimensions are 60"L, 28"W, 28"T. The tanks is starfire three sides. Rear over flow. Two returns and two drains.

About the stand: This will be 1 1/2 steel frame. I will be powder coating it. I like the open look under the tank.

Sump will be in the basement. There will be eleven feet between the tank and the sump. This brings me to my first question. Is there anyone in Calgary that has a set up like this? If so could I come and take a look?

Next dilemma is I want to run two return pumps to the tank. I know that I will be buying two DC pumps. I have not decided on a pump. Advice is welcome.

I am looking for thoughts on what I am doing. Any suggestions are welcome.