PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Quinn !!!

Buccaneer
06-24-2004, 04:29 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Quinn's Blue Tang, Saddleback Clowns and Potters Angel are happily swimming around in my tank :cool:

We were not sure how the Angel would react and thought he would hide for awhile ... no problem there :smile: ... out and about swimming around.

The Saddlebacks were another concern ( since I have a Ocellaris pair and a mated Percula pair ) ... this is still a relationship in the development stage ... the Saddlebacks really like the look of the Perculas Green BTA and the Percs like that BTA more :eek: ... the saddlebacks have not noticed the RBTA as of yet so maybe tomorrow I will try to coerce them to explore that side of the tank. :idea:

That leaves the Blue Tang ... what an amazing fish ! ... the colour is absolutely striking and she fit right in with no worries from the Yellow and Naso Tangs ... she established a joint custody of tank domination with the Yellow Tang and looks very comfortable in her surroundings ( she also claimed the largest cave for herself )

A very special thanks to Quinn for these fish

PS ... pics to follow :lol:

Quinn
06-24-2004, 05:16 AM
Two big thumbs up man. Sounds awesome. When I get back from Ontario I'm going to pick up a case of beer and sit myself in front of your tank for an entire Saturday. The tang is going to love some interaction and the swimming space. Were there any signs of aggression at all between any of the larger fish today or were they just peachy as soon as the lights got on?

TANGOMAN
06-24-2004, 01:36 PM
It's always great to hear the fish took to their new home so quickly ! Those first 72 hours are always so tense...it sounds like your off to a great start. I guess when you consider the dump they moved into though... :lol:
I could sit there with a case of beer all day too. :cool:

Buccaneer
06-24-2004, 03:46 PM
hehehe ... @ Doug ... come by anytime < dont forget to bring the beer though :razz: >

There was only minor " tail wagging " with the Naso ??? ... weird because the Naso is so passive ... no actual contact though and it was more that they swam into the same space more than anything. The Yellow and Blue seem to have a mutual respect so far. :cool:

I am really pleased with how well they have all fit in and Quinn you can bring a case of beer over anytime :mrgreen:

AJ_77
06-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok I just want to know when this Beer-day Saturday thing is going to be... could somebody please post an update? (oh, and will there be Jamaican rum?)

:mrgreen:

Delphinus
06-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Jamaican me crazy ....

Quinn
06-24-2004, 07:44 PM
Very punny Tony.

Jim Barry
06-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm in for beer......

I would like to see that Blue Tang.

Lofus
06-27-2004, 08:09 PM
The Blenny is doing well in the QT.

Steve, you didn't bother with Quatentining? I was wondering if the fish came from a clean system if I shouldn't just add the little guy right away.

Jim

Buccaneer
06-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Hey Jim ... Go ahead and put him in your main system ... Quinn was meticulous with these fish and all were very healthy ... they eat like pigs too :lol:

Buccaneer
06-29-2004, 06:17 AM
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/541blue1.JPG?1935

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/541blue2.JPG?5708

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/503/541blue3.JPG?7896

Pics are a little blurry but I have not mastered the resizer program enough to retain pic quality at lower resolutions.

TANGOMAN
06-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Ya', like I said, "what a dump..."! :lol: I mean look at them, all crowded in the corner with no room to swim... :rolleyes: Poor fish.

AJ_77
06-29-2004, 05:52 PM
that's a real nice-looking family you got there, Steve...

christyf5
06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Whats the black turd thing in the corner? Sea cuke? :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
06-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Ya', like I said, "what a dump..."! :lol: I mean look at them, all crowded in the corner with no room to swim... :rolleyes: Poor fish.

Pretty cramped in there huh Doug ? :razz:

They spread out every now and then but they thought I was going to put more nori in when I got close to the glass :rolleyes: ... pigs they are :eek:

Buccaneer
06-30-2004, 04:30 AM
that's a real nice-looking family you got there, Steve...

Thanks Alan ... it seems to be working better than I thought it would ... everyone gets along and the tank has a nice " activity " level now. :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
06-30-2004, 04:32 AM
Whats the black turd thing in the corner? Sea cuke? :mrgreen:

Yup ... it's a cuke all right :rolleyes: ... it works better than the TigerTail ever did :cool:

Buccaneer
06-30-2004, 04:36 AM
As to the Rum/fish thing I am ready whenever you guys are :razz: ... It has changed a bit since the meet ( Organ Pipe for instance outgrew the rock ledge it was on so now it is on the sand ) ... I work during the day on saturdays but a saturday nite is fine by me ... just let me know when.

Cheers

EmilyB
06-30-2004, 07:29 AM
I'd love to get some more organ pipe, lots of my fish/stars in the FOWLR love it !

Buccaneer
06-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I'd love to get some more organ pipe, lots of my fish/stars in the FOWLR love it !

They love it as in .... EAT IT ???? :eek:

I ... I ... I dont know if I could condemn my Organ pipe to death :razz: :confused: :cry:

Quinn
07-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Steve what are the clowns up to? Did they find the rose yet?

Buccaneer
07-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Steve what are the clowns up to? Did they find the rose yet?

Nope ... just hanging around waiting for the Green BTA to split or the female perc to leave I guess :rolleyes: :mrgreen: ... seems neither is happening in the near future so they just bob up and down beside that Organ Pipe

I have to clean my skimmer on friday and rehook up my calcium reactor so I will try to presuade them to go into the RBTA then.