PDA

View Full Version : White eggcrate?

BowedFloor
08-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Hey

So that plastic white egg crate stuff, used to hold corals and other things

Where on earth do I buy that in town.

Also, any thoughts on how I can get it to affix itself to a certain part in the tank on the glass?

Wheelman76
08-27-2013, 03:30 AM
Home Depot , and glue a piece to a mag float and then you can move the rack anywhere you want to.

Magickiwi
08-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Hey

So that plastic white egg crate stuff, used to hold corals and other things

Where on earth do I buy that in town.

Also, any thoughts on how I can get it to affix itself to a certain part in the tank on the glass?

I second the Home Depot. Usually by the ceiling tiles.

BowedFloor
08-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Home Depot , and glue a piece to a mag float and then you can move the rack anywhere you want to.

Brilliant.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/egg-crate-white-louver-2375-inch-x-4775-inch/924867

That's the stuff right? I was checking michaels and other craft stores with no luck.

reefwars
08-27-2013, 03:33 AM
It's called light diffuser at Home Depot , for drop down tbar ceilings ;)

Acrylic is better lol :ppp

HaZRaTTy
08-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Yup if you walk into Home Depot and ask where the Egg crate chances are they will have no clue what you're talking about!

Light Diffuser is the proper name I believe its just under 12$ for a Huge Section. When cutting it gets very messy plastic flying everywhere.

For my frag rack if you want it suspending on the wall of the tank I just glue it to the side of a cheap magfloat. Also you can rig something up with some Rare earth magnets i'm sure!

Good luck.