PDA

View Full Version : Happy Bleeping Birthday to me

Dearth
08-26-2013, 06:18 PM
So my day started off pretty good was up early did my normal routine and then went down for a nap at 8ish this morn and woke up to my alarm clock going off but try as I might my alarm on the phone wouldn't silence turns out its my smoke alarm and smelt the acrid smell of burnt wiring.

Run out of my bedroom to see the hood for my lighting is belching out some pretty good smoke run over and shut down the power bar rip all the plugs out for the lights and basically ripped the hood off the aquarium. As soon as I unplugged the hood the smoke stopped belching out and upon closer inspection see one of the connections for the T5 is bent at an odd angle and could see the arc damage.

No actual flame but don't trust the lights run out and got a cheap led light strip as it was the only thing big enough to go over the tank could run without lights for a few days but figured some light is better than no light. Just got off the phone with J&L got me a nice set of T5 Aquamedic lights coming up now hopefully should be here tomorrow or day after.

Spent $900 total on light strip and T5 hood had an electrical fire and now I have a massive fricken headache.

Happy Birthday To Me ....yay

Magickiwi
08-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Ummm.. Happy Birthday?

Proteus
08-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Happy b day

Did you want new lights buy any chance?

hillegom
08-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Ugh
Sorry to hear, glad ur smoke detector went off and woke you.
Any warranty on existing, smoked out lights?
Good luck. glad there is not any more damage than you have

Happy Birthday. I'm sure things will get better for you

Dearth
08-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Ugh
Sorry to hear, glad ur smoke detector went off and woke you.
Any warranty on existing, smoked out lights?
Good luck. glad there is not any more damage than you have

Happy Birthday. I'm sure things will get better for you

They are older lights came with the tank when I bought it so no warranty but got nice set of Aquamedic lights coming up from J&L its a birthday gift I was not expecting to buy but Shiit happens

sphelps
08-26-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't know... Your house didn't burn down and you got a new light fixture for your tank. Sounds like a pretty good day to me :lol:

Dearth
08-26-2013, 08:40 PM
That's one way to look at it but spent money I really couldn't afford to spend but deal with it