PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Plans

Quinn
06-23-2004, 04:58 PM
So all my livestock except my cucumber, my urchin, some remnant green star polyps and a mushroom or two are out of my tank. I'm away for ten days so my plan is to only have my lighting come on for an hour or so a day, just to maintain some algael growth. My sump and fuge are disconnected although still full of water. My main tank has two powerheads going for circulation. I have disconnected my heaters, the plan being to let the tank sit at room temperature. I am going to use air pump to keep some water movement happening in the sump and fuge, just so the water doesn't go stagnant. There is nothing larger than worms and pods living in these units. Does this sound like an acceptable plan? The idea is just to keep my rock, sand and those two inverts alive while I'm away.

Bob I
06-24-2004, 12:56 AM
I have a 15 gallon tank sitting fallow. If you want i can board the stuff for you. :eek:

Quinn
06-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Several hundred pounds of sand, eighty pounds of rock. :razz: Probably best if it stays here. The tanks are at 76 degrees as of now which I think is fine, I got a better idea for circulation in the sump so I'm just going to go with it. Thanks anyways though.

Bob I
06-24-2004, 02:59 AM
Several hundred pounds of sand, eighty pounds of rock. :razz: Probably best if it stays here. The tanks are at 76 degrees as of now which I think is fine, I got a better idea for circulation in the sump so I'm just going to go with it. Thanks anyways though.

I was only speaking of the livestock. :rolleyes: