PDA

View Full Version : Clean up crew.

scuba ken
08-25-2013, 03:44 AM
I am sick of seeing the big "south of the boarder" advertisements for "cheapest clean up crews" blah blah blah.

Who sells cleanup crews in canada and will ship and can match the prices of the guys from the states ?

Must be someone in canada ?

scuba ken
08-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Any suggestions ?
Reef2reef from the states will ship eventually when their issues with FedEx are sorted, there's obviously a higher shipping cost to contend with but needs must.

Isn't there anywhere in canada ?

Jeff000
08-25-2013, 02:44 PM
You'll never get cheap like the states. The best might be J&L Aquatics. That said if you hit up a place like Marine Aquaria (which has frag fest today) they will bring in what you want. And since no shipping costs it'll end up being the same price or cheaper than J&L would cost you, plus you are supporting a local vendor, which is worth a few bucks anyways.

scuba ken
08-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately I am in Jasper today or that could have been a deal.

Jordon
08-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Ugh, I hear ya Ken. I always come across, "Oh just order from John @ ReefCleaners" on other forums, and it's so frustrating because we don't have anything like that in Canada.

I am looking for dwarf brittle starfish myself, and can't find them anywhere!

scuba ken
08-25-2013, 10:52 PM
I just got back from jasper, dashed to big ALS and bought 2 very cute black and white clowns, I am hoping my 2 original clowns will appreciate them, the tanks is 360 gallons, should be enough room in there for 2 pairs of clowns me thinks

Myka
08-26-2013, 01:30 AM
I would also vote to support your local vendors. Many vendors will cut a deal if you're buying a whole clean up crew. You really don't need all those "fancy gadgets" they sell in those weird clean up crew packages in the US. All those critters will naturally populate your reef as you purchase corals. Just be careful to pick them off the corals before you dip the corals or they will perish in the dip.

Jeff000
08-26-2013, 01:54 AM
I just got back from jasper, dashed to big ALS and bought 2 very cute black and white clowns, I am hoping my 2 original clowns will appreciate them, the tanks is 360 gallons, should be enough room in there for 2 pairs of clowns me thinks

Missed frag fest at marine aquaria?

Depending on what you other clown fish are they will probably just be a harem. If they are ocellaris and precurla then your tank is too small for both once the females from each become females.

scuba ken
08-26-2013, 03:09 AM
Yes missed frag fest, I don't anticipate having any corals in this tank, my fat old emporer angel loves eating them as fast as I can pop them n.
When I get my 90 cube back together I will be on the look out for so e corals though, but I don't see that being anytime before Xmas.