PDA

View Full Version : dosing pump selection help

Amadod2
08-25-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey guys i just put together a 75g tank and need to select a system for dosing, i currently have a digital aquatics reef keeper light, so that could allow me to get individual dosing pumps, but i would have to get one more power bar for my reef keep at a cost of $100, my other choices would be either a vertex dosing system or a ghl profliux, what would you guys recommend and why??

DigitalWeight
08-25-2013, 02:05 AM
I just set up the Bulk Reef Supply 1.1ml dosers for Alk and Ca on my tank. I have them hooked up to my Neptune Apex. So far so good - I went this route as opposed to a separate doser simply because I had the Apex and there seemed to be no use in getting a separate since I already had that controller. They seem sturdy and reliable - although I am only a short time in.

Amadod2
08-25-2013, 02:15 AM
i like that route but im not a fan of all the cords

daplatapus
08-25-2013, 04:20 AM
I've not used anything but the BRS 1.1 ml/min dosers so I may not be of any help, but they're rock solid and great little pumps. The reason I decided upon these is redundancy. If one fails I replace one. If a 3 pump doser fails not sure how easy it is to fix anything. I tend to shy away from 2, 3 or more in one devices solely on this reason alone. But granted, all my stuff is in a fish room in my basement where lots of cords and gear isn't as big an issue.

Amadod2
08-25-2013, 04:58 AM
How hard is it to set up the dosing schedule? The three in one devices seem to be easy to set up how about individual dosers on a reef keeper?

Cal_stir
08-25-2013, 11:53 AM
setting up dosers on a reefkeeper is easy especially if you use myreef, you must use the relay outlets on the powerbar though.
i also have a bubble magus triple doser which i have been running for over 2 years flawlessly which i prefer.
for the cost of 3 pumps and a power bar you can get a decent doser.