PDA

View Full Version : CBB

DOO-E
06-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I was looking into Copperbanded butterfly fish for somebody and i cannot find how large of a tank they need all i can find is a tank 55 gallons but no dimensions. I know somebody with a 48*18*18 who wants one will this be large enough for a CBB there is a pair of maroons and a bubble anenome on the right side the anemone is 8 inches when tenticles are fully expanded. With tons of LR and a deep sand bed. No refugium but he dumps frozen mysis and live brine in daily the fish should be fine should it not

AJ_77
06-22-2004, 09:00 PM
It's going to be touch and go for that size tank, especially with the Maroons guarding the territory around their anemone (IE, the whole tank)... With mine I had to sell it to Steve because it was growing so fast - I think it will fine in his 300 for a long time to come.

A 55 is too small for those fish, you're right. Your friend would be OK with his 67 gal if he didn't have the Maroons - a CBB would do alright in that tank if he is the King, and put with smaller, docile fish. This has been my experience.

Canadian Man
06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
I agree with you Alan 100%. My CBB passed on last week :frown: :confused:
He was not the king of the tank.
Just stopped eating and with all my effort I could not get him eating again.

AJ_77
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Real sad to hear that, Jonathan. That one was always a little high-strung, maybe because it was always the little guy... even in the huge tanks it lived in.

DOO-E
06-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Okay then what would minimum lenth and width be for one of these babies.

Canadian Man
06-23-2004, 05:21 AM
It's tough to come up with a minimum lenth DooE.
Some fish work and others don't. Even if they are the same fish.

Some say Don't put a Scopas and a Yellow tang in a 90g because they will fight. I did and they were the best of friends.

Everysituation is diffrent and you allway's have to be prepared for a fish to outgrow an aquarium.

DOO-E
06-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Okay we will try it and see. The main reason he wants one id for aptasia so maybe it will work out and maybe it wont.